Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day!

First things First! I had a wonderful Mother's Day! I'm so lucky to be a Mother to my sweet Ryder. He makes being a mom so much fun and I love every second of it!


Chase was very sweet and got me a few gifts:)
We have a unofficially tradition that Mother's Day and Father's Day we do like a little scavenger hunt, the gift are spread over the house.

I woke up and went potty to find a clean bathroom and some shea butter and sugar scrub. I felt so pampered after using it!
Then in the kitchen I found a step stool which is perfect because I can't reach a lot of shelves in out home. Last was a new wallet with my stuff already loaded into in. 

We went to church where our ward gave all the Mother's a rose. (I think it's a great idea and all, but personally I thought the flower was more of a hassle. I had to carefully carry it around church all day and then by the time I got home it was withered.

We had Mother's Day with the Packer's on Saturday night. We got my mom some of the easy find lid tubberware because she has been complaining about her tubberware for so long! I also got her a cork board frame and some homemade button thumbtacks. See them on my craft blog here.

For Chase's mom we got her frames with all the kid's Wedding Pictures in them. She had been talking about this for a long time (we have too) so finally we just did it. Unfortunately, in some spaces the frames are too big so we need to trade them in for ones with smaller edges. She LOVED the idea though.

We got to Skype with Dallin. He is serving in Spain. One more time to talk to him and he'll be home!

Sunday Night we had a international themed potluck with the Gibson's. Chase made a soup from his Mission in South Africa called something with a click in it. English version is Samp and Beans. It was really good and we are thinking of adding it to our list of dinners. He also made a dessert that he loved there. He talks about it all the time. It's called Mulva Pudding even though it is more of a cake. It is very rich!

------------------------------------------------------

So Ryder is getting to that wonderful stage where he will actually watch TV. Well really movies since out TV doesn't actually play TV, not even local channels. Maybe some day. He especially loves the Wiggles! We watch Curious George on the computer through Netflix (someday will get it hooked up through the Wii). Here are some pictures I took of him watching his shows. Hahah

Now comes the challenge of limiting time on Tv/ computer. It is so easy to just put on a movie to keep him entertained.

I can't sneak up on this kid!

I bought this book at Seagull Book. He loves it! It was $1.99 it rattles and when you pull the link and let go it vibrates.



1 comment:

  1. That books looks like fun. Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! My brother got back last August from his mission in Durban, South Africa. Cant remember if we ever talked about it before...is that the same mission your husband was in? Well, either way I think Africa would be incredible to visit someday!

    ReplyDelete