Monday, August 22, 2011

Handmade cards

A few years ago (who knows how long) I went to a card class at Scrapbooks Etc. it was a lot of fun and the cards were way cute! After my second time going I thought to myself, "I could totally make these!". So I decided to have a card night with some friends and family.

What is a card night you may ask? It's not poker although that would be pretty fun too. A card night is where all who attend bring a homemade card and all the supplies for everyone else to make their card.

The first one we did wasn't as successful as I hoped. We had each person make a station with their completed card and all the supplies
. Everyone then went to all the different stations and worked on the card. It was nice because you were able to work at your own pace, but you had to explain your card 10 different times.

I then developed a new method and I think it works a lot better. We all sit around a table, one person show their card, we make it and then the next person does their card. It has been a lot of fun and we get a pretty good turn out (this next one is 15 people!). Lately we have done themes which are fun and sometimes we don;t and it's still fun! It's so much fun to get your creative juices flowing!!!

Below are some of the past cards I've made. Some are cuter than others. I'm not that creative I just like to pretend I am. I hope you get some ideas and if you're creative and would like to participate, let me know!
This one is neat! That's a real candle!

Graduation card!

Wedding reception



I want a girl!!! hehe


This one is generic, but you can add a title to the front. I actually made these for my nephews birthday invites and this was extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment