Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday was my first mother's day! It was nice. Chase, I mean Ryder did really good! They did a little scavenger hunt (there goes my father's day idea hahaha)

Chase woke me up and next to Ryder was a magnetic picture frame to put a picture in and hang up on the fridge. On it was a post-it that said There is another one in the kitchen. So we went in there and on the fridge was a frame with Ryder's footprints in it.

Then hanging above my desk where I keep my scrapbooking stuff etc. was letters that said moms crafts! So cute. We are going to paint them this summer when less is going on.

Then there was a post-it that said it ends where it started. So I went back to Ryder's craddle and there was a KING SIZE 3 Musketeers bar! My Fav! It was a fun morning. Here is a picture of Ryder like 20 minutes after. I guess it was just too much for him...

I was getting ready for Church in the other room and went to check on him and this is what I came in on.

This was one of the hardest year to get something for our mom's. Usually I can think of something or my mom has unintentionally hinted something. But this year I had nothing. This year we gave Chase's mom a huge cutting board and my mom some spray paint to paint an outside table she has and a huge "pimp" glass that says Hot Mom on it. I thought it was fun. She could drink her Pepsi out of it.

From our ward they gave us this scripture and quote:
Who can find a virtuous women? For her price is far above rubies- Proverbs 31:10

"I believe the women of the Church today... are every bit as strong and faithful [as pioneer women]. The Priesthood leadership of this Church at all levels gratefully acknowledge the service, sacrifice, commitment, and contribution of the sisters.

Much of what we accomplish in the Church is due to the selfless service of women. Whether in the Church or in the home, it is a beautiful thing to see the Priesthood and the Relief Society work in perfect harmony. Such a relationship is like a well-tuned orchestra, and the resulting symphony inspires all of us." - Elder Quentin L. Cook, April 2011.

So they gave us all Symphony bars. YUM!!!

I am so grateful for my mom's. They are a great example to me on how I can be a mom. I am so blessed! I am also grateful that I can be a mommy! Ryder has blessed our lives so much and I love having him on our family. I love every moment I get to spend with him. He is growing up so fast!


Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms and future moms! This day isn't just for Moms but for women!

No comments:

Post a Comment